Combined tourist route “Polesie Amazon”

(the village of Korobye – the city of David-Gorodok-the city of Stolin – the village of Korobye) (travel time 2-3 days, 130 km)

The route is intended for visitors interested in the biotopes of the Pripyat floodplain. The route is of medium difficulty, two-season, that is, the best time for its passage is timed to two seasons – spring (April-May) and summer (June-August). In spring, Pripyat spills are of particular interest. In some places the river spreads over several kilometers along both sides of the channel. In summer, rare species of birds nest here most of all.

Getting to the starting point seems possible by rail, which creates certain amenities and interest.

On the coast of Pripyat, far from other settlements, there is a spacious Polesye village Korobje. Thanks to the memories of local residents, it was possible to restore the history of the village. The village was founded in 1910. Today in the village Korobier lives 15 people. Thirty years ago there were 97 inhabitants. Its peculiarity is in many respects, but first of all in that, being engaged mainly in raising livestock. Worked at the enterprises and organizations of the Luninets District, at the railway station. Local craftsmen made and sold strong furniture from a rod. Some time in the village there was an elementary school in which (from the recollections of the former schoolgirl) 26-28 junior schoolchildren studied. Once they went to Luninets for food, now a car shop is leaving for the village. Medical care in progress.

The journey begins with an environmental education center in the village of Korobye, 200 meters from the Pripyat River. The route passes through the “artery” of the region of the Pripyat River. When driving on the river. Pripyat the first stop is the confluence of the Duboi Canal (overnight is offered). The second stop is located on the Luninets part of the Medium Pripyat reserve before turning the route into the r. Horyn. Movement on the river. Horyn occurs down to the city of David – the Town. During a visit to David-Gorodok, excursion participants get acquainted with a number of historical, cultural, and archeological monuments that this ancient city is rich with. The historic center of the city is the Castle Hill, located on the right bank of the Goryn River – more precisely, it is now the old-language Goryn. It is at this place in the 1930s and 1960s. thorough archaeological excavations were conducted under the leadership of the Polish scientist Roman Yakimovich and the Soviet scientist Peter Lysenko. The St. George (Yuriev) Orthodox Church is very interesting and original – a monument of 18th-century wooden architecture. Kazan Church, located in the city center, was built and consecrated in 1912. Nowadays, this active Orthodox church is the center of not only a large parish, but also the entire Stolin church district (deanery) of the Pinsk diocese.

Attention should be paid to the combination of features of antiquity and modernity in the form of David-Gorodok. Work on the reconstruction of the city center, carried out in the late 1990s. in connection with the 900th anniversary of David-Gorodok, they gave him a unique historical aura. Tourists should definitely make a stop in the center of David-Gorodok, on the square, which, in preparation for the 9th anniversary, was named after Prince David Igorevich – the legendary founder of the city. The decoration of the square and the whole of David-Gorodok is the original monument to Prince David, whose sculptor is Alexander Valentinovich Dranets, born in the village of Khoromsk. He is in the group of other authors of the reconstruction project of the historical center David-Gorodok, he was awarded the 2002 State Prize of the Republic of Belarus. On the route, a visit to the horse farm in the village of Remel is scheduled.

Wooden Sculpture Museum in the village of Tereblichi. The center of wooden sculpture in the village of Tereblichi was created on the initiative of the folk master Ivan Filippovich Suprunchik, a participant in many republican exhibitions and open airs, three times winner of the International Festival “Slavic Bazaar” in Vitebsk. The artist was awarded a special prize of the President of the Republic of Belarus “For spiritual revival”, and is a member of the Belarusian Union of Folk Artists. The museum in the village Tereblichi is located in the village library in the Stolin district of the Brest region. Museum of Ethnography in Tereblichi established in 1996. In 2001, the museum was awarded the title “People”. In 2010, the decision of the Stolin district executive committee created a center of wooden sculpture. The museum contains more than a thousand items of the old village life of the surrounding villages. In addition to household items, the museum contains a collection of wooden sculptures illustrating local traditions and rituals, preserved from pagan times. Most of them are associated with the cycle of human life: birth, marriage and death.

Further our route goes through the palace and park ensemble “Olesha” in the village of Novo-Berezhnoy. This place is connected in the minds of local residents primarily as part of the historical and cultural heritage left over from the kind of landowners Olesha. It was in Novy Berezhny that Caesar Olesh, a landowner, laid out a garden and a naturalistic landscape park of 6 hectares in the 1890s, in which a 2-storey manor house was later built. And the garden, and the park, and the manor house survived to our time. All of them are worth visiting by the tourists – first of all the garden. As for the nearby park, by decision of the Stolin district executive committee in 1976, it was declared a natural monument of local importance.

Stasino – tract in the Stolin district of Brest region. Its most famous attraction is the memorial complex “Holocaust Victims.” According to official data in September 11 and September 12, all the prisoners of this ghetto were brutally murdered near the town of Stolin in the village of Stasino. Thus, the history of the Jewish settlement on Stolin Land ended.

We continue our route to the park “Mankovichi” – a natural monument of republican significance (since 1967). Created in landscape – naturalistic style. The alleys of the park radially reduced to the palace were oriented to its dominant tower. The park was founded in 1885 in the Radziwills estate at the initiative of the wife of Anthony Radziwill Maria Dorota, as evidenced by the memorial stone, put by her son Stanislav in the center of the park.

The total area of ​​the park was 50 hectares, currently 28 hectares are preserved. When laying used the natural location of the area – the high bank of the river. Mountain and natural stand. Some have survived to the present day, most were exported during the Second World War.

The artistic and stylistic interpretation of the palace and park ensemble was inspired by the Nesvizh castle residence of the Radziwills. In 1905, a new palace was built according to the design of the German architect Wenzel. This palace was destroyed in the First World War, rebuilt in 1922 and again was destroyed during the Great Patriotic War. It was possible to enter the park through beautiful forged gates with the Radzivils coat of arms, near which stood the porter’s house, decided in a single palace style. (The gate was not preserved, they were taken to Germany during the Second World War).

Currently, in the preserved premises of the palace and park ensemble there is a school of arts and the Stolin local history museum. In 1985, a park was set up in the park in honor of the 40th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War.

At the entrance to the park “Mankovichi” a “Monument of Liberation” was erected in 1977 in honor of the soldiers of the 397th Infantry Division of the 89th Infantry Corps of the 61st 1st Belorussian Front, who liberated the city of Stolin from the German invaders. A cannon cannon from the Second World War with an inscription-dedication is installed on the pedestal.

Of the old buildings in Stolin, perhaps, only a large brick building of the synagogue, built in 1792, has been preserved (and partially). Stolin was indeed once one of the centers of Judaism in the territory of Polesye. There was a large Jewish community, or Kagal, constantly living spiritual shepherds, very revered by Jews, Tzaddiki. The fascist German occupation during World War II drew a line under the existence of the Stolin Jewish community. The occupants created a special ghetto in the central part of the city, where Jews were placed not only in Stolin, but also in other settlements of Stolin. Ghetto prisoners were shot as a result of a punitive action conducted by the SS youths in September 1942. The place “Stasino”, located one and a half kilometers to the north of the present city line, became a place of mass executions.

After a sightseeing tour of the town of Stolin, you can visit the ecological path “Olmansky swamps” In a relatively short period of time, tourists can visit untouched natural landscapes of civilization, get acquainted with the history of the region, which has preserved images of events from the lives of famous personalities of Belarus.


Pleasant rest, great travel, beautiful nature.

Want this?

We provide travel services ...

Immerse yourself with us in the world of Polesia in the landscape reserve "Middle Pripyat" and "Olmansky swamps"
Go to


Address: Brest region., 225510,city Stolin, 72 Sovetskaya st.

Phone: 8 (01655) 2-01-15